Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sound Synch Animation

For Basic Animation Techniques, we had to do a sound syncing animation with simple shapes. Here's the link to mine:

Sing, Sing, Sing Sound Synch

Overall I'm pretty happy with how mine turned out. Although I totally got sick of listening to music, I actually really enjoyed sound-syncing. I usually go by feel when animating but this time I had to be bound by the rules of my music which was an challenging but interesting change of pace. Plus it was pretty cool to see the finish product with the animation fitting to the music (for the most part). Hopefully I learned some from this project, as I'm moving past simple shapes and sound-syncing a dance animation for another animation class I'm sitting in on. Hopefully it will be done by the end of the school year, but here's a "preview" (a single frame!). And if you're curious, the song I chose to do my dance animation is "Send Me On My Way" by Rusted Root. If you haven't heard it before, check it out, it's a fun song.

No comments:

Post a Comment