Thursday, June 11, 2009

Weekly Assignment #2

2nd weekly assignment. Draw 10 people/animals. I'm just going to somewhat comment/critique all of these since I'm not very happy with any of these.
Drew this page at the Lake Calhoun "sunning spot". I wasn't in the mood to draw when I did these and it shows. People look stiff, there's not very good dimension and I rushed. :/ Good place to draw though!
Minus the cat, all of these folks were drawn from the Edina Art Fair. I was bummed the weather was so crappy this past weekend because I couldn't draw the people (and there was such a good crowd too *sigh*). I'm somewhat happy with these, but still....I can do better, especially with capturing more personality. Oh and I wish there was a pause option in life....people move too fast sometimes, especially the interesting ones!

Haha, oh my last two are memory sketches (basically you stare at whatever you're looking at and then draw it from memory....usually ends up with a bit more exaggeration because you're drawing from the impression you had of them). So first the lady....I'm okay with how it turned out, it's just that arm is totally fake and stiff. It could use a bit more shading too. And the dog, I like the sense of motion I kind of captured and my mom said that my leash I drew kind of looked like a cape, so I somewhat turned it into a cape.

Anyways, I need more practice....and more practice than just 10 people a week. I just need to get off my lazy butt and get drawing, which should be a bit easier seeing the weather is getting a bit nicer. Oh, and I'm going to start going to a life drawing co-op in Minneapolis which should help lots.

~Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment