Sunday, March 22, 2009

Saturdays Are Always Fantastic

I love Saturdays. You get to sleep in and best of all, Saturday give you time. Usually, the day is open for the most part and you are fully in control how the day plays out. Today was one of those Saturdays, I had absolutely nothing planned and the weather was absolutely gorgeous, so I didn't have to be cooped inside. I definitely took advantage of the nice weather, going on a few walks with friends and I even got a nice run in. I also got to work on A LOT of art of all sorts today.
First I finished sculpting and sanding my character for Intro to Animation. This is my character Rae who is a wolf/crow creature. People have been calling him a wolf gryphon which I guess is close to what he is but he's not technically a gryphon. He's a character I've had for a few years now and mainly just decided on him because I though it would pretty sweet to have a model of him. So you'll probably be seeing more of him in the coming months as after this I will be animating him. With the model though, all I need to do is paint him and then feather the crow part of his body and then he shall be done which will be nice because I've been somewhat of a perfectionist on this...never a good thing for me.
Then I also finished sewing all my cut-out puppets for Basic Animation techniques and making the backgrounds. I'm not going to post much about it since I don't want this post alone to eat up the MB I have for this blog, but here's one of the backgrounds with where my character is roughly placed. I'll be animating this traditional cut-out animation tomorrow morning. I hope all goes well. I apologize that this image isn't very good....I need to get a new scanner that doesn't blur what it's supposed to scan in.


That was really all the schoolwork I could work on, so I even had time to work on some personal artwork-always a bonus.
This was another sketch I drew during in Honors Western Civ. on Friday but I started painting it in on photoshop today. I got about 1/3 done. I also sketched out a bunch of ideas as well...but I won't upload any of those, mostly because they are surprises for friends or in my sketchbook which I don't really feel like scanning in stuff from....because who knows if my scanner is going to work and most likely, it's will do a bad job of scanning my drawings in, so it's just not worth it for now.
So yes, this Saturday was quite enjoyable. And if anything, proved I'm a work-a-holic and always have to be doing something productive with my time.
Until Next Time,

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment