Friday, March 20, 2009

The Pink Lioness Digital Painting

Drew this sketch of my character The Pink Lioness(TPL for short) during Honors Western Civ.


Then painted it in on Photoshop after class since I kind of liked it and I needed the digital painting practice. I'm not too happy with how the sky turned out but I foolishly painted the stars and moon on the same layer as the blue sky and didn't really want to fix it since I have many other things to work on, so I made it work. Otherwise, kind of happy with this I guess.

And I also made the header/banner for my blog during Honors Western Civ(heh, I can't help but draw in that class...it's so boring, it's making me understand why people do not enjoy learning history). I'm quickly realizing I need a better scanner...the one I have now is a piece of crap and makes everything blurry. Gah, just another thing I need to get. :/



2 comments:

  1. Is HWC boring? It looked from those promotional signs like it was going to be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a lot of the people in that class actually really enjoy HWC, but I personally find it boring. Since it's just a general broad overview of western history, there's for the most part no new information and it's also mostly a discussion based class which just doesn't really engage me that much (I'd much rather listen to someone lecture about history). There's a few topics I've found interesting and actually participated, but otherwise....I just really don't care because I feel like I'm not really learning anything new. It also doesn't help that all my other classes are art classes where I'm actively doing something and learning a lot from doing, so compared to those classes, HWC just seems all the more vapid for me.

    ReplyDelete